Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chapters 1-3 Complete!

Well, this week I was able to add 1,513 words to Chapter 1, filling in the section I mentioned last week: introducing the antagonist for the novel. it was a grisly scene, and hard for me to research and write, but I think it will serve its purpose: to introduce a demon who is totally committed to the suffering of as many humans as possible. That brings my progress to 3/11 chapters complete @ 18,474 words. Here's an excerpt from chapter 1:

Finally the seemingly unending line came to an end, and the skinless figure paused, tensed, and finally screamed out, a horrid piercing shriek of hate and anger.
“What was that for?” Measgrim asked evenly.
“You always were an unfeeling bastard, Measgrim. Feeling is what I do… but this massacre, as much as I enjoy it, is too slow. Dying one at a time is too good for these human vermin. We must annihilate them in throngs, hurt them by the millions, curse them by the billions…” His skinless face had worked itself into a frenzy of pure hatred, each individual muscle bunching and tense without its covering of skin, his teeth barren and exposed in his perpetual lipless smile. “And I know how. Come with me.” His eyes sparkled, with the color of a black hole. “There is one we can strike, and annihilate not only its line but the hope of hundreds of thousands as well.”

Measgrim broke into a rare smile, with all the charm of rigor mortis. They spread their wings, which filled the room with bat-like skin and scales, and with one unison beat, had vanished as if pulled from existence.

For those of you also writing, chime in on your progress this week. I'd love to read some blurbs of your creativity. Keep it up and you'll make it to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment