Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Out of the Frying Pan and into the Closet

I turned my last assignment in two days ago, and I am eager to begin. Grad school was fun and everything, but my real calling is to write. I have been working on my first story for a while now: I have a couple of chapters written and a good outline. But its time to take it to the next level. I want to have a solid draft of my first novel by June 1. I hope many of you can join me on this journey. I need the company. Grad school deadlines are a powerful motivator, and I want to work just as hard now on my story. In the absence of deadlines, I am hoping you all will be my accountability as I put pen to paper in the age of information. Will you help me?

This is my posh writing studio,  AKA my closet. The hanging clothes dampen sound very well. From here I will launch my future writing career.  I'd like to have my first complete draft finished by June 1. I am on chapter 3 right now. Oh, yes, I am not sure about a title. Maybe you can help me as we go. The story is about a newly-created angel who has to learn his trade, and in doing so one of his wings is cut off and he is stranded on earth for a time.


5 comments:

  1. Go Chris go! ...and so begins the chronicle of the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Chris. You can count on me for encouragement, either a pat on the back, a kick in the pants, etc. You can also count on me to be caught up with my own goings on, so please don't hesitate to tell me that you want a kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris!! I'm so happy for you there in your closet....NOTHING will stop you. My New Year's Resolution is to accept God's gift and to stop trying to spread myself so thin. I'm a social person, but my heart and mind are ALWAYS filled with stories to be told and I LONG to write them. But this can't be done flitting around the house. I must enter my own closet. I am a writer...at heart..and I must use this one talent fully - well maybe my second talent. So your resolve and example have lighted the way for me to get to work. Wish me a Happy New Year! I will be following yours...it's going to be an adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete