Sunday, December 14, 2014

First Progress Report

So after taking inventory of where things stand on (for the purposes of this blog) I'll call the Seraf novel, here is where I stand: I have outlined the novel in 11 chapters, and have written most of chapters 1-3, and 1 1/2 pages of chapter 4. All that I need to do to finish chapters 1-3 is to flesh out a scene that needed to be added to chapter 1. So that is where I will start this week. Then, on to chapter 4.
If anyone out there needs some encouragement to take on a big writing project like this, I can strongly recommend The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. it has been one of the main inspirations for me to get going on this novel. I hope it helps you as much as it helped (and continues to inspire) me.

Follow the Blog. Join the team.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote my novel as a NaNoWriMo project in '11. Well, partial novel... I hit the 50K word goal, filling about 9 chapters, but I know I need about 4-6 more chapters to get to an ending point for the first book. I think it is a good thing to have the kind of organization that you have now. Thanks for the book recommendation. I really want to get back into this, and I may check out that book.

    ReplyDelete